The Montague Gardens-Marconi Beam Improvement District (MMID)
Working towards a safe, clean and friendly public environment in which to work, invest and do business.
Established on the 1st of July 2017, the Montague Gardens-Marconi Beam Improvement District (MMID) is a non-profit company that enables property owners and tenants to contribute towards sustainable development in the area.
As a City Improvement District (CID) established in terms of Section 22 of the Municipal Property Rates Act (MPRA), the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA), Section 21 of the Companies Act, the SA Constitution and Cape Town’s City Improvement District By-Law of 2004, the MMID focuses on:
- Improving safety and security.
- Enhancing and supplementing municipal services.
- Facilitating investment.
- Facilitating a co-operative approach between the City and the private sector.
- Enabling the upliftment of the Montague Gardens-Marconi Beam area.
- Promoting economic growth and sustainable development.
If you’re a property owner in the MMID and you’d like to influence the business of this area, we invite you to submit a membership application. (link to membership page below)
FAQ City Improvement Districts. What is a CID? READ More